If you are getting married abroad, some countries require an affidavit of eligibility to marry by the parties as proof of their legal capacity to enter into a marriage contract.
Such document is also known as a Certificate of Singleness, Certificate of Freedom to Marry, Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry, Marriage Eligibility Certificate, License to Wed, Single Status Certificate or a Certificate of Non-Impediment.
How to proceed if you need certified translation services.
Translation of an Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry.
The official translation of a marriage eligibility affidavit requires the translated document be bound with the original document issued by the respective church or state.
The official translation of the marriage eligibility affidavit consists of (usually) four pages, which the translator endorses with his official stamp.
Front page: Identifies the official translator and the client.
The client identification must include: first and last name and the address of the person who is placing the translation order or the person the marriage eligibility affidavit refers to.
Second page: the marriage licence / affidavit / certificate
Third page: translation of the marriage eligibility certificate into the target language.
The translation must be done by an official translator authorised by the judicial authorities of the respective state.
Fourth page: translator's certificate. The last page of the official translation of the marriage eligibility certificate includes the translator's declaration stating that this is a true and correct translation of the original. It bears the imprint of the translator's official stamp and his signature.
What to do if I already have the freedom to marry certificate?
1. Scan the certificate.
2. Upload the scanned document via ILUMINATA e-shop at www.translatecee.com or attach it to an e-mail addressed to email@example.com.
3. Select the target language.
4. According to the target language and the method of delivery and picking up the physical copy of the freedom to marry certificate, you will receive an e-bill with the date and manner of delivery.
Client request: official translation of the marriage eligibility certificate from French into Slovak to be collected in person in Poprad
Steps to be taken:
1. Upload the scanned marriage eligibility certificate
2. Specify the target language
3. Pay the invoice
4. Book your collection time with the ILUMINATA Poprad office manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +421 950 523 682.
5. Do not forget to bring the original copy of the marriage eligibility certificate with you.
6. Pick up your translation not later than 48 hours of payment as per your appointment.